Copper alloy with zinc (CuZn)
Brass is an alloy of copper and zinc which dispenses smoothly so that material is very homogenous. Depending on the application this alloy contains 5-45 % zinc and its colour therefore varies from gold red to light yellow.
This copper alloy is characterized by:
- higher mechanical strength than copper
- good electrical conductivity and mechanical stability (e.g. for antenna and waveguides)
- good quality for turning and bending
- higher thermal expansion coefficient
- highly corrosion resistant
- melting point: ca. 900°C
Brass is used in many industrial sectors, especially in engineering and power plant construction (e.g. for bearings, valves, synchroniser rings, pipes and turbines), automotive industry, precision mechanics, instrument making and electrical engineering.
You have a demand in brass?
Please find below our delivery programme – send us your inquiry today.
Material CC332G-GM; 2.0969.02 Copper, brass, bronze
Our services - your added value
- Material according to your drawing
- All forms & dimensions
- Logistic organisation & more