In 2021, HSM® again meets the high-quality standards of the aerospace industry. Find out which areas were particularly highlighted during the audit here:
Customer satisfaction is our top priority. We stand for reliability, friendliness and top service. In order to guarantee our customers best quality, the annual audit by TÜV Rheinland Cert GmbH took place at the end of 2021.
In 2021 we were again able to successfully complete the audit in all aspects and continue to maintain the certification according to EN 9120:2018 / AS 9120. This norm for quality management systems is a global standard in the aerospace and defence sectors and ensures the specific requirements for quality and reliability in the field of trade and distribution.
What has been audited?
Within certification, the auditor reviewed the documentation, processes and performance of the quality management system concerning the requirements of the aerospace and defence industries.
The auditor highlighted the following topics:
- The “good qualification of employees”. We are particularly happy about this comment. In addition to the professional competence of each employee, the understanding of the QM policy is essential for us and is confirmed by annual training. Additionally, due to regular workshops concerning our mission and vision, we create our HSM® philosophy together. This is the reason why everybody lives our mission and vision. This particularly stood out to the auditor.
- The continuous improvement of customer satisfaction as well as the measurement of product conformity and delivery performance.
- The auditor also highlights our “good customer communication” as a strength of HSM®. Based on customer reviews and implemented processes we regularly measure and – if necessary – improve this process.
- The ELO document management system in which all business processes are digitised and are therefore available to every employee for smooth customer contact at any time. The auditor especially noticed the simple traceability of all processes using this digital filing as an advantage. This helps us to be particularly fast in daily business and furthermore strict specifications (as necessary in aviation, for example) are completely integrated in our process. Of course, data protection is the top priority for HSM® and ELO.
- The new Key Performance Indicator (KPI) for measuring supplier compliance including target tracking.
We are extremely pleased with the conclusion of the detailed audit report and that we can maintain the certification according to EN 9120:2018 / AS 9120 due to our conscientious work.
Good to know!
In December 2021, we also had our annual re-certification by TÜV-Süd and continue to be authorised to re-stamp materials at HSM®. As in previous years, we successfully confirm complete traceability and documentation. This ensures that our two authorised specialists, Thomas Zwack and Niels Indefrey, are allowed to properly re-stamp the various materials with the appropriate certificate of material testing.
All at a glance
Of course, all HSM® certificates for your QM department are available for download at hsm-stahl.de/en/downloads/certificate.