(previously “Germanischer Lyod” or “Det Norske Veritas”)
DVN GL SE
DYE PENETRANT INSPECTION
(positive material inspection)
TENSION TEST/WARM TENSION TEST
CUSTOMER SPECIFIC TESTS
VERIFICATION OF MARKING FOR TRACEABILITY
(tensile test, notched bar impact test)
HANS KÜHRLINGS, Strategic Purchasing
„We want to acquire and retain satisfied customers through exemplary quality, reliability, service and friendliness. Our customers have no problems in sourcing steel, metal and other high-performance materials. We expect the same quality standards from our suppliers that we demand of ourselves.“
Sustainability is not just a buzzword at HSM®
We are committed to society and the environment. That is why we have attached great importance to sustainable action for many years. To integrate this topic into the company fully, we have firmly anchored ESG criteria in our corporate culture, thus ensuring its future viability.
E = Environment
- Investment in renewable energy sources
- Sustainable building management
- Use of sustainable technologies and processes
- Efficient use of energy and raw materials
- Waste reduction and recycling
- Planting open spaces to promote biodiversity
- Compliance with the Supply Chain Act
- Responsible procurement of raw materials
S = Social
- Respect for human dignity, no discrimination
- Respect for human rights and workers’ rights
- Occupational health and safety
- Fair conditions at the workplace, adequate pay and training and development opportunities
- Fair dealings with customers and business partners
- Enforcing sustainability standards with suppliers
- No child labour, forced labour or slavery
G = Government
- Compliance with laws and regulations
- Measures to prevent corruption, bribery and money laundering
- Transparent documentation of processes to manage and control the company
- Established quality and sustainability management
- Independent control bodies/ certifications
- Data and information confidentiality and security
We put an end to the war on paper in 2012 and have been allowed to call ourselves a “paperless” office since then. By processing and archiving files digitally, we save tonnes of paper and thus prevent the unnecessary felling of trees.
Our building is also subject to sustainability. In 2014, for example, we already made sure that sustainable raw materials were used in the new building. The temperature of the rooms is controlled by ventilation systems and concrete temperature control. Since 2022, the entire building has been heated with a heat pump that is state of the art in terms of both its energy and appearance.
The first photovoltaic system was installed on the company roof in 2014. In 2021, this system was completed and the entire roof area was fitted with modules.
The electricity produced can now be used, among other things, to fuel the new e-cars that will complete the fleet of company cars this year with green energy. Eight e-charging stations were installed in the car park for this in 2022.
HSM® also creates living space! On our company’s property there are plenty of native trees and shrubs that not only provide food and hiding places for insects and birds, but also do not require a lot of maintenance.
In addition to waste avoidance, waste separation also plays an important role in environmental protection. Of course, waste is also separated and disposed of properly at HSM®. But we do more than that. An employee’s flock of chickens looks forward to any food that is not eaten during the lunch break.